
Well if you have either read my other blog Stretch or have heard from me you know I have bad news and some good news. We had a meet Tuesday at Bangor that went pretty good. I ran in 100 meter high hurdles and 300 meter low hurdles. I took 3rd place in high hurdles and 2nd in the low hurdles. I am so happy with my placings...for it was windy that day so we were running against the wind which made running a lot harder then on a normal day. Also I had a side problem that effected me as well. Which brings me to my bad news. While I was running I ended up pulling my hamstring. So now I am out for a week. I have rehab till Wednesday and then if all is better I will be running at the meet on Friday in Tomah.
So here is what happened...last year when I tore the tissue in my quad I had to strengthen it back up well we (the trainer, coaches, and I) never really thought about the hamstrings needing to be as strong as the quads. So I had got my quads to a 10 and my hamstrings were down at a 6 you could say. Well when I ran on Tuesday my 6 level strength hamstrings decided to go to a 4. So the left side decided to pull and well now I'm in rehab for a week. My rehab consist of stretching, icing, and doing weird running things. I have to run backwards down the English hall, jog the history hall, run backwards the library hall, jog the back of the gym hall and I do 10 laps. It's really weird and funny to see people's faces when they look at me wondering what the heck I am doing. But if it takes me to look dumb just so I can run again I will do it...I'm determined to be running again soon.

More news from Stretch would be my blue bird study at Fort McCoy. I have 30 boxes and so far I have 3 boxes that have eggs in them. I'm so excited cause I have baby birds coming soon. I can't wait till Sunday to see if I have any more eggs or even any babies. I love animals so this project is going to be so much fun when I have babies to watch grow up. The picture up above would be box 14 with four eggs in the nest. This was the first box I found that had eggs in them. When I saw the eggs it was really funny cause I screamed in excitement. I was so happy to see the eggs. :)
So I am really excited to go out on Sunday so I can see how they are doing.
I think that is about it for now! I will talk with you all later. I will make sure to keep you all updated on the birds and track of course. lol :)

No comments:
Post a Comment